WEEE "Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment"
What is WEEE?
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a new UK legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment.
- These regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using the best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection.
- Both LuxuriousLook.co.uk and our customers can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment.
- We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle.
- LuxuriousLook.co.uk will undertake their responsibility as retailer to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation.
How do I know if my product is covered?
Look out for this symbol:
- If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the WEEE Regulations.
- Please click here (PDF 68kb) for more details of products that are included in the WEEE Directive
How do I recycle my old products?
- It means that you can return waste electrical equipment to LuxuriousLook.co.uk when you are purchasing a new product from us under our retailer obligations*
- When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put it in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled.
- Return it to us quoting your LuxuriousLook.co.uk order number and describe the item that is to be recycled.
- Please carefully package any item for recycling to avoid transit damage.
- We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner, at no cost to you.
*It has to be like for like (e.g. a hairdryer for a hairdryer, not a hairdryer for a tong).
The RoHS Directive
The RoHS Directive, also known as EU Directive 2002/95/EG, came into affect on July 1st, 2006.
The RoHS directive mandates that electrical and electronic products put into the European market within EU states shall contain restrictive levels of the following substances:
- Lead (Pb)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
LuxuriousLook.co.uk is committed to comply with the RoHS Directive. If you have any queries, please contact us.
14 The Marsh